basics by abigailcrain featuring pom hats
The past couple of months have been a fun little style experiment. Many days, I let go of my over-accessorized looks, once bathed in polka-dots and bangles, and stick with the basics. Let's be real, I don't have a Phillip Lim bag and I probably won't ever have a Phillip Lim bag. But, for example's sake, here is a modest representation of my usual go-to-class uniform when creativity is lacking and the cold weather isn't.
1. Black skinnies have been the pants at the top of my drawer and never at the bottom of my laundry hamper. Black jeans can go days without washing, right?
2/3. Oversized sweater and collared shirt combo. You can never go wrong.
4. Just a little somethin' somethin' to feel feminine when I'm draping my self with balloon-ish proportions and colors evaporate from my wardrobe.
5. An oversized tote is a perfect substitute to my Jansport circa 4th grade. It's big enough for laptop/binder/camera and leaves a substantial indention on my right shoulder.
6/7. Dainty jewelry seems to work well with knits and doesn't get caught in the weaving. Plus, I like them.
8. I think my H&M black booties have been my most worn shoe this winter. The heel is the perfect height for traipsing around campus and clacking on tile floors. I love clacking.
9. I understand beanies are "a thing", but pom-poms are my thing. When walking with an added bounce on top of my head, it seems to balance out my grown-up minimalist look of black on black on white.