I dedicated this weekend to rest, relaxation, and brunch—a belated start to a New Years resolution. It's easy to get stuck in the winter months, however mild. Snowy mornings make it hard to wake up early and enjoy a cup of coffee or get in an exercise class before work. And cloudy afternoons are made for Netflix binges and pretty much nothing productive.
This weekend was different, and much needed. Here's my recipe for a mentally refreshing weekend.
- Live in denim culottes. Your boyfriend won't understand why they're the coolest, but that's ok.
- Get a library card.
- Go to brunch and drink mimosas and eat chicken biscuits.
- Paint your nails pastel blue and baby pink.
- Buy super trendy tennis shoes and promise your boyfriend it's fashion.
- Take a bath with LUSH bath bombs. Twice
- Do yoga or just be still. Stop talking for a little bit.
- Have breakfast for dinner.
- Smile. It's probably the easiest and most cliche. But sometimes that's all you really need.
What are your favorite ways to jumpstart your brain and refresh?